Want to host an event in TRU Library Makerspace?
If you’re a TRUSU club, class group, or department and want to hold a design, making, or innovation event, you can use Makerspace. We want to offer a variety of events, from making buttons to prototyping computers to repairing clothes, so don’t be afraid to apply. Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you. If you’re not sure whether Makerspace is right for your event, just contact us and we’ll help you figure it out.
– Events must take place between 10 am and 4 pm on weekdays.
– Only TRU student clubs, classes, or departments can host events.
– Attendees must be TRU students, staff, faculty, or admin.
– Maximum of 13 participants allowed, but larger events may be possible with special arrangements.
– You can use most Makerspace tools and materials, but you’ll need to provide any special supplies or large amounts of materials yourself.
– Attendees can only be charged for the cost of supplies, and the fee must be minimal.
– The Makerspace will be open to drop-in users during most events.
– Your group needs to handle advertising, but we’ll share your event on Instagram if you tag us.
– Please be respectful of other Makerspace users and follow our Code of Conduct.
Still have questions?
If you cannot find an answer in the information on our page you can always contact us!